Web-based color tools
There are a number of tools available online to help you as you design your site. If you are as 'color-challenged' as I am, these are life savers. Maybe you're great with color design and just stuck with a blank canvas. Or maybe these are new to you. If so, they can get you "unstuck" and moving forward with your latest project.
(Clicking on any of the links below will open new window or tab.)
- Adobe Kuler - Color Wheel
- ColourCode - Find your color scheme : Helps you build color palettes in Monochrome, Monochrome & Dark Gray, Monochrome & Light Gray, Analogic, Analogic & Complement, Complement, Triad or Quad color schemes.
- Coolors : The super fast color schemes generator!
- COLOURLovers : is a creative community where people from around the world create and share colors, palettes and patterns, discuss the latest trends and explore colorful articles... All in the spirit of love.
- ColorCombos : "a world of colors where you're sure to find the perfect color combination for your project. This site was built to help web developers quickly select and test web design colour combinations. The heart of the site is the Combo Tester, which allows web developers to see how different color combinations work together on the screen."
- Color Scheme Designer : Choose from Mono, Complement, Triad, Tetrad, Analogic, or Accented Logic color schemes and shows your new colors on light and dark pages.
- Sphere: Color Theory Visualizer : A novel approach to picking a color palette.
- Color Palette Generator : Make color schemes. Enter the URL of an image to get a color palette that matches the image. This is useful for coming up with a website color scheme that matches a stock photo a client wants to work with.
- Color Hunter : create and find color palettes made from images
- Pictaculouis : a color palette generator. Ever wonder what colors to use with an image? Upload your image – get a color palette!
- Color, by HailPixel : Move your cursor around to find the color you like. Click and it will be saved. Move and click again until you have found all the colors you need.
- hexu.al, colorful words : An interesting way to see how all the various colors look.