File and Drive Encryption
With TruCrypt falling out of favor due to no new binary updates after version 7.2, it's time to look for a new encryption solution.
If full power and features are what you are primarily looking for, you most likely will have to purchase a solution. But before you do, you might want to look into these free alternatives.
Clicking on any of the links below will open a new window or tab and take you to another website. Phase One has no control over these websites. Please use caution when visiting them. And, as with all free software, please investigate before downloading to be sure they are safe and free from malware.
- CipherShed : Secure Encryption Software. This will be a cross-platform (Windows, Mac OS and GNU/Linux), open source fork of TruCrypt. This TruCrypt fork is currently being rebranded as CipherShed so it is not yet available.
- DiskCryptor (Windows) Information / Downloads : "DiskCryptor is an open [source] encryption solution that offers encryption of all disk partitions, including the system partition. The fact of openess goes in sharp contrast with the current situation, where most of the software with comparable functionality is completely proprietary, which makes it unacceptable to use for protection of confidential data.
- AxCrypt (Windows) : Password Protect Files With Strong Encryption / (Downloads) : Complimenting DiskCryptor above, AxCrypt allows you to enrypt single files. It is tightly integrated with Windows and allows for secure file deletion. It also works well with cloud storage services.
- AES Crypt : "is a file encryption software available on several operating systems (Windows, Mac, Linux) that uses the industry standard Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) to easily and securely encrypt files."
- GnuPG : "is a complete and free implementation of the OpenPGP standard and allows you to encrypt and sign your data and communication." (Windows, Mac, Linux)
- ScramDisk :